Sunday, January 17, 2010

Culture culture...


Had an interesting experience today...had a guy named Wiliams over for lunch after church...he is a 20 year old guy from Liberia who is here in Argentina playing professional soccer. He came to the church today so I invited him over. It's so weird, I was thinking about how I am going to share the gospel with him and talk to him about the Lord as we were walking to my house...but things in the field are so different than things in the States. I learned very quickly that I am going to have to spend a little time getting to know this guy, the way he ticks, and his culture before I can even begin to share the Gospel in a way that makes sense. It was weird how unobservant he was...so laid back without a care in the world, and how the slightest joke would make him laugh so hard. He said he likes to be free and liberated, and that most of his friends don't understand him. Lord willing I will be able to make an impact on his life. May I know Christ above all else. May I seek Him all the days of my life.

(The picture is of Wiliams...he was on the phone with a buddy and I cooked him hamburgers, and built this card house right in front of him and he didn't even notice...weird to me. Anyone in the U.S.would have noticed)

Pray that the Lord will use our time together for His glory!


Till He comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment