Sunday, January 24, 2010

Survive or Thrive?


As the days go by my mind get more and more filled with many new things. The time in study of language has been a new challenge for me. After six hours or Spanish study my brain is about toast...I feel like shutting down. Learning the nuances of the culture has been interesting too...I found out that no one ever takes homemade breakfast to go...or wears pajama pants outside. Part of me feels beat down, just struggling to survive and make it through the net day...but then I think of what the Lord did when He was faced with a hard task in Luke 9...

51When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. 52And he sent messengers ahead of him, who went and entered a village of the Samaritans, to make preparations for him. 53But the people did not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem.

What was waiting for Him in Jerusalem? Betrayal, treason, beatings, mockings, false accusation, and the most terrible death in history. He had his chance to take another road, to avoid what He knew was coming, to get out of it...but no. He went forth with a resolute will and a focused goal. He thrived where the Father had sent Him and did with all He had that for which He was sent.

I've been encouraged by the example of Jesus...he didn't just come and "survive" and "make it through" what He was sent for...He lived to the fullest and fulfilled the will of the Father in all He did.

May I be like Him...as I face the challenges here may I not simply survive, but thrive where the Father has sent me.

May all of you also live in the example of Christ. Thriving where the Father has placed you and living to the fullest! Make the most of your life. Make it count for the Kingdom.

Till He comes,

Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment